Guided Math: Going to the Next Level
Guided math is a great instructional strategy. In this workshop we focus on how to take your guided math work to the next level. In this engaging, educational and resource-filled workshop, teachers will learn how to take guided math and math workstations to the next level. They will see how to create standards-based small group lessons that rock, workshop management strategies that work, and assessment tools that inform instruction! Dr. Nicki will teach about integrating this structure with your current curriculum, leveling the guided math group activities and math workstations so that they make sense with each unit of study, and assessing throughout the year in ways that drive instruction.
Join us to find out how to unlock the power of guided math today!
Top Reasons to Attend this Seminar: Participants will
• Discover how to integrate your curriculum with guided math lessons and workstations
• Explore the math toolkit in depth - both templates and tools
• Watch videos of guided math groups and workstations in action
• Delve into the many levels of the word problem workstation
• Level the fluency and place value workstations
• Discuss how to get the most out of your digital workstation by integrating 21st century
• Practice creating meaningful workstations for every unit of study
• Understand how to maintain a balanced approach to assessment that drives the instruction throughout math workshop
• Look at how to manage student accountability, student self-monitoring and student self-assessment
Dr. Nicki Newton is an education consultant who works with schools and districts around the country and Canada on k-8 math curriculum. She has taught elementary school, middle school, and graduate school. Dr Nicki has an Ed.M. and an Ed.D from the Department of Curriculum and Teaching at Teachers College, Columbia University specializing in Teacher Education and Curriculum Development. She is greatly interested in teaching and learning practices around the world and has researched education in Denmark, Guatemala and India. She has written 9 books, a series of Workbooks on Problem Solving and is currently working on a book about imagination, wonder and creativity in schools. Dr. Nicki Newton is also working with McGraw Hill on their new math program Reveal, as the designer of the Math Workstations k-5.
Request for cancellation or refund must be received in writing (fax/email) at the CARC office a minimum of 7 FULL days prior to the event start, or registration fees will apply and refunds will not be issued. If you are unable to attend a session and unable to provide seven FULL days’ notice, please feel free to delegate an alternate to attend in your place.
Cancellation notices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Registration Deadline:||April 29, 2019|
Session will run from: 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM